Monday, July 2, 2012

What I'll be talking about here and why that title?

Well, let's deal with the title first.  I've had another blog for almost 4 years called Simply Living and Simply Loving (http://simplelandl.blogspot.com).  This blog is mostly for talking about my family and our journey to living a more self-sufficient/self-reliant life.  I also have another blog that will give lists and tutorials and all sorts of stuff about living a simple life while still living in the city - if I ever get the time to maintain it properly (http://www.simplylivinginthecity.com)

Over the years, I've had things that I wanted to talk about, and occassionally did, over at Simply Living and Simply Loving blog that really didn't pertain much to our journey of living a simple life.  And so I thought I'd create a blog where I could talk about things that weren't "simple."  I won't be talking about canning over here.  Or soap making.  Or our trips to the Nature Center. 

What will I be talking about? I'm not sure.  I know what I'll be talking about for the next month or so, but who is to say what I'll talk about after that. 

You may not agree with what I say.  You may not agree with the choices that I make.  And that is OK.  And I won't be offended if you decide that this blog isn't for you. 

But like I said, I just felt like I had some things that I needed to get out.  I'm a writer.  And so I write. 

And if you want, you are welcome to read along.  For now, I won't be allowing comments on this blog.  I may in the future. I don't know.  But the point of this blog isn't for you to agree with me or disagree with me or to give me advice.  It is to maybe see things from a different perspective.  To put a more "real" look at the statistics out there.  But if you'd like to e-mail me, please feel free to do that.  I check my e-mail often, and I'll try to answer you in a timely manner.